4 June 2020 | Subject: CXC® Releases Final Timetables for All Regional Examinations
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados – The Caribbean Examinations Council® (CXC®) has released final timetables for the organisation’s full suite of summer examinations.
The Caribbean Examinations Council and the Caribbean Association of National Training Authorities (CANTA) have agreed to the modification of the certification process for the issuance of the Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ) for 2020.
It was determined that select steps in the certification process will now be conducted virtually. The modified certification strategy is as follows:
- External Verification must be completed before the commencement of the CXC® Training and Assessment Audits;
- Candidate Portfolios are to be submitted electronically to CXC®; and
- CXC® Training and Assessment Audits will be conducted virtually, commencing July 2020.
With this approach, results will be released in September 2020. CXC® has committed to working with each territory to provide support and finalise audit arrangements for certification.
It has also been determined that the Caribbean Primary Exit Assessment® (CPEA®), will be rescheduled to 25 and 26 June 2020.
The dates for the Caribbean Certificate of Secondary Level Competence® (CCSLC®), Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate® (CSEC®), and Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination® (CAPE®) are as follows:
- CCSLC® assessments have been rescheduled to 5, 6 and 7 August 2020.
- CSEC® and CAPE® assessments have been rescheduled to commence 13 July 2020 with results issued in September 2020, utilising the following modified approach:
- Administration of at least one common paper (Multiple Choice Assessments);
- School Based Assessments (SBAs) and Paper 032s (Alternative to SBA) for private candidates;
- Award final grades based on the moderated SBAs and Multiple-Choice Papers; and
- Candidates of Modern Languages, Human and Social Biology and Visual Arts will be required to complete additional components.
CXC®’s first priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of stakeholders during these unprecedented times. All examination centres and invigilators will follow the guidelines of national health protocols as it relates to social distancing, the wearing of masks, and sanitisation.
For further information kindly contact us at +1 (246) 227-1700 or email email@example.com (Barbados), or for queries in Jamaica at + 1 (876) 630-5200 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org