The Caribbean Examinations Council (CXC®) wishes to advise its stakeholders of the dates of its 2023 regional examinations.
- Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination® (CAPE®): 8 May — 23 June 2023
- Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate® (CSEC®) January: 4—31 January 2023
- Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate® (CSEC®) May/June: 8 May — 16 June 2023
- Caribbean Certificate of Secondary Level Competence® (CCSLC®): 19—22 June 2023
- Caribbean Primary Exit Assessment™ (CPEA™): 4—5 May 2023
2023 CVQ* assessments will be conducted between April and September, with specific dates to be determined in collaboration with participating Ministries of Education.
Timetables are now available on https://www.cxc.org/download-timetables
- Stakeholders are also asked to note that concessions for School-Based Assessments (SBAs) will be maintained for 2023 CSEC® candidates who commenced SBAs during the 2021/2022 academic year.
- Concessions for 2023 CSEC® candidates will once again include the removal of Section 1/Situation Responses from CSEC® Modern Language orals.
- For 2023 CAPE® candidates and 2024 CSEC® candidates however, there will be a return to the full SBA requirements.
This information was also shared with CXC® Local Registrars in each country, for further dissemination to schools.