CRITERIA FOR SELECTING AND RANKING OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN THE CARIBBEAN CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY LEVEL COMPETENCE (CCSLC®)
The criteria for identifying and selecting candidates for outstanding achievement in Caribbean Certificate of Secondary Level Competence (CCSLC®). Awards will be presented to the candidates for outstanding achievement in the following categories:
- Overall Outstanding Achievement – Female Candidate
- Overall Outstanding Achievement – Male Candidate
Part I: Eligibility Criteria for Overall Outstanding Achievement
In order to be eligible for this award, a candidate must complete the minimum requirements for CCSLC® within a three-year period, with “Master” proficiency in one sitting for the following subjects:
Part II: Ranking Criteria
Ranking will be first on Ranking Criterion (i) listed below. If a tie-breaker is required, then Ranking Criterion (ii) will be considered. As necessary, subsequent criteria will be considered in order to resolve such ties as may arise.
The outstanding One Female candidate and One Male candidate will be selected from the eligible candidates who will be ranked in order of:
- Excellence: Obtain “Master” proficiency in English and Mathematics in one sitting;
- Profile Performance I: Obtain Master Proficiency in English and Mathematics considered at Ranking Criterion (i) above;
- Total-score I: The composite scores for subjects considered at Ranking Criterion (i) above.
Notwithstanding the criteria above, the Council reserves the right to use its discretion in making any of the awards.
REVISED: 11 October 2016