- The story MUST be an original story written by the student submitting the story.
- The story must be short and should be no more than 1000 words.
- All stories must be written in Standard However, creole may be used in dialogues.
- Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Stories MUST be submitted by email to Nadine Bell-Morgan (Nadine@cxc.org) by 29 January 2021.
- Stories selected will be illustrated. This may be done by other pupils who have an interest in doing this and may also include pupils at the primary level or pupils in Visual Arts. Illustrators will be credited for work: done. Once selected, the writer may indicate a description of the artwork: to be included in the story.
- All stories will be the property of the Caribbean Examinations Council. However, writers will be credited as the author of each story.
- Winners will be notified via email.
- The top twenty stories will be selected by a panel of judges from across the region. The judges will be looking for stories that capture the imagination of the readers and the rich and diverse cultures and lifestyles of the Region.
The best 20 short stories selected will be published as e-books on the CXC® website and the CXC® Learning Hub for free access by pupils across the region. There are no restrictions on the theme or subject of the story. However, the story must be set in the Caribbean and include aspects of Caribbean life.
1st Prize- Samsung Tablet