The best 20 short stories selected will be published as e-books on the CXC® website for free access by pupils across the region. There are no restrictions on the theme or subject of the story. However, the story must be set in the Caribbean and include aspects of Caribbean life.
- The story MUST be an original story written by the student submitting the story.
- The story must be short and should be no more than 1000 words.
- All stories must be written in Standard English. However, creole may be used in dialogues.
- Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Stories must be submitted by email to Debbie-Ann Hall (email@example.com) by 16 Februrary 2018.
- Stories selected will be illustrated. This may be done by other pupils who have an interest in doing this and may also include pupils at the primary level or pupils in Viuals Arts. Illustrators will be credited for work done. Once selected, the writer may indicate a description of the artwork to be included in the story.
- All stories will be the property of the Caribbean Examinations Council. However, writers will be credited as the author of each story.
- Winners will be notified via email.
- The top twenty stories will be selected by a panel of judges from across the region. The judges will be looking for stories that capture the imagination of the readers and also portray the rich and diverse cultures and lifestyles of the region.