We at the Caribbean Examinations Council (CXC) would like to thank all those who took the time to participate in our CXC NCSI Customer Satisfaction Survey in November 2018. We truly value the information you provided, as your responses will contribute to our analyses and be incorporated into our business plan.
Why we measure satisfaction within CXC
A total of 773 surveys were completed and the breakdown is as follows:
- CXC markers – 245
- Principals and teachers – 203
- Students – 151
- Ministries of Education– 174 (data unavailable)
Data was collected via face-to-face, telephone, email and online surveys.
Overall NCSI Customer Satisfaction Score 2016 and 2018
The overall NCSI customer satisfaction score by stakeholder group in 2016 and 2018 changed slightly. Markers, principals and teachers’ satisfaction increased from 2016 to 2018, while students’ satisfaction declined over the two years.
CXC Customer Satisfaction with complaint handling by Stakeholder Group 2016 and 2018
Our stakeholders became less satisfied with how we handled complaints over the last two years. However, the survey showed that CXC is viewed as a trusted institution by most of our stakeholders, but there is still some work to be done, especially with students.Going forward, CXC plans to implement a number of measures to better engage our stakeholders, here are just a few:
- Being more accessible to students by providing better e-platforms including e-Testing and e-Certificates.
- Providing teachers with Teacher Orientation Workshops (TOWs) to be conducted online through the CXC® Learning Institute, the training arm of the CXC®.
- The CXC® Learning Institute will also facilitate TOWs for the newly developed or recently revised syllabuses. These will be done online through scheduled live sessions during the last two weeks of June each year.
If you have any comments or questions on the survey results, please leave a comment via our website at www.cxc.org. Again, we at CXC thank you!