The Industrial Technology syllabuses is a qualitative response by the Caribbean Examinations Council to the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) needs which are relevant to manufacturing and industrialisation in the Caribbean Region. The cognitive, psychomotor and affective outcomes aimed for in the syllabuses are geared at equipping students with a solid technical foundation for lifelong learning and to enable the students to matriculate seamlessly into entry level occupations in a wide variety of careers and postsecondary institutions. Candidates who successfully complete the CSEC examinations in the Industrial Technology programmes will be awarded two sets of certificates; the CSEC Technical Proficiency and a CVQ Unit award.
The Industrial Technology syllabuses comprise one Compulsory Core and three Options, organised in sections.
The Core is made up of the following Sections.
|Section 1||Fundamentals of Industry|
|Section 2||Design Principles and Processes|
|Section 3||Information Communications and Graphic Technologies|
Each option provides the foundation competencies relevant to industrial transformation and development in the Caribbean. The options are listed below.
|Option A||Electrical and Electronic Technology|
|Option B||Mechanical Engineering Technology|
|Option C||Building and Furniture Technology|
- Building and Furniture Tecnology – Moderator Comments and Ratings
- CSEC BuildTech Guidelines for SBA Industrial Technology
- CSEC Industrial Technology Moderator Rating on SBA Lab Process Project
- Electrical and Electronic Technology Moderator Comments and Ratings
- Mechanical Engineering Technology Moderator Comments and Ratings
- SBA Mark Scheme
- Moderator Form – Option A – Electrical and Electronic Technology
- Moderator Form – Option B – Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Moderator Form – Option C – Building and Furniture Technology
- Moderation Feedback Report
- Notes to Moderators
- Record of Marks for SBA