The Assistant Chief Examiner assists the Chief Examiner in their duties. They serve as content specialists, who assists in setting question papers, preparing mark schemes, supervising the marking of scripts and reporting of grades. This is a highly confidential position.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Possess an undergraduate degree with a focus in the relevant subject area and at least three years’ experience as a practitioner in the relevant area. A professional qualification
- Be a national of a Caribbean country but may be working in the diaspora.
- Must not be preparing candidates (either privately or in an institution) for examination in the particular subject area.
- Previous teaching/lecturing experience would be an asset.
- Should be available for 13 days, at the most, for a paper setting meeting each year
- This takes into consideration CAPE subjects with 2 Units
- Be able to participate in the annual Standardizing, Marking and grading activities which are held during June to August and/or January.
- Possess strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and report writing skills.
Technical Vocational Subjects:
- Possess at least a level 4 CVQ in the area and/or undergraduate degree with a focus in the relevant subject area or at least three-years’ experience as a practitioner in the relevant area.
- Industry practitioners should possess at least three-years’ experience as a practitioner in the relevant area.
CXC is a performance driven organisation which offers a competitive and attractive remuneration and benefits package and opportunities for further learning and career development experience