The role of the Chief Examiner is to serve as a content specialist who sets question papers, prepares mark schemes, supervises the marking of scripts and reporting of grades. This is a highly confidential position.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Possess a postgraduate or equivalent professional qualification with a focus in the relevant subject area OR undergraduate degree and at least 8 years’ experience.
- Be a national of a Caribbean country but may be working in the diaspora.
- Must not be preparing candidates (either privately or in an institution) for examination in the particular subject area.
- Previous teaching/lecturing experience would be an asset.
- Should be available for 13 days, at the most, for a paper setting meeting each year
- This takes into consideration CAPE subjects with 2 Units
- Be able to participate in the annual Standardizing, Marking and grading activities which are held during June to August and/or January.
- Possess strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and report writing skills.
CXC is a performance driven organisation which offers a competitive and attractive remuneration and benefits package and opportunities for further learning and career development experience