As indicated in our statements on 7 and 11 December 2020, the Caribbean Examinations Council® (CXC®) has given further consideration to the hardships that students and their parents may have been experiencing as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In accordance with the Independent Review Team’s (IRT) Report, we have reviewed all borderline cases in addition to the Requests for Reviews. At this time, we have released 80% of the final results and we are working assiduously to complete the remaining Requests for Reviews.
1. I have noted a change to one of my grade profiles or grades but I did not request a review, why did this happen?
Grades which were released in September were preliminary grades which were subject to change. The Caribbean Examinations Council® (CXC®) has given further consideration to the hardships that students and their parents may have been experiencing as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. In light of this and in accordance with the IRT’s Report, we have reviewed all borderline cases in addition to the Requests for Reviews. Therefore, candidates who did not request a review, may see an improvement in profiles or overall grades now that final results have been released.
2. If I submitted a Request for Review but my grade has not changed, how can I determine whether my grade has been reviewed resulting in no change or whether my Request for Review has not been completed as yet?
Candidates can query the status of their Request for Review by contacting CXC® via:
- + 1 (246) 227-1700 or email: email@example.com (Barbados)
- + 1 (876) 630-5200 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Jamaica)
- via Facebook Messenger – facebook.com/MyCXC
3. If I submitted a Request for Review and my results are among those which have not yet been completed, when can I expect my results?
At this time, we are working assiduously with our external markers to complete the outstanding Reviews as soon as possible, while adhering to our quality assurance processes.
4. When will CXC® issue refunds for Requests for Reviews?
CXC® is currently processing refunds for candidates who paid for Requests for Reviews in full before the discount was applied (US$15 refund) and for candidates whose grade improved after the Review process (full refund).